Central Park is a great place to explore on a bicycle, offering breathtaking views from flat, hilly and scenic terrain. Remember to bring your camera as you will cycle by some of the best sights in New York City. This guided bike tour is the perfect way to enjoy the bucolic beauty of Central Park.
- Learn about the history and sites of amazing Central Park!
- Discover the catherdral of St. John the Divine.
- Enjoy a lunch break at Columbia University, then check out Riverside Park.
Wind your way through Central Park's iconic wonders, stopping to learn about the park's history and sites, including the little-known Conservatory Gardens and Harlem Meer. Continue to St. John the Divine, one of the world's most famous unfinished cathedrals, and enjoy its magnificent expanse. Stop at Columbia University for a lunch break* and for a look at the site used by so many directors for so many movies and TV shows. Ride into Riverside Park for a stop at Ulysses S. Grant's impressive memorial. Continue on the Greenway along the Hudson River past ships and marinas before crossing the Upper West Side for your return to Central Park.
*Meal not included.
- Tour runs Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays through October 21st 2012, weather permitting. (Except July 4th.)
- Departure time: 11:00am.
- Tour duration: 3 hours.
- Departure point: Central Park Tavern on the Green (enter park at West 67th Street).
- Ending point: Central Park Tavern on the Green (enter park at West 67th Street).
- Please be at the departure point 15 minutes early for check-in.
- Tour available in English.
- Tour available on request basis only.
- Child fare applies to children 12 and under.
- Children must be at least one year old and wear a helmet.
- Tour length: 9.5 miles/15km.
- Difficulty: Mild/easy riding.
- All guests are required to bring a valid photo ID.
- Trailer carriage and tandem add-ons are available for children. Please notify us at time of booking.
- Helmets are required for all riders and will be provided at the departure point.
- Tour price includes bike and helmet rental, as well as a bottle of water.
- Tour price does not include gratuities, meals, beverages other than the bottle of water.
Tour available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays throught October 21st 2012, except on July 4th. Difficulty: Easy/moderate riding.