NYC African American Heritage Tour
The NYC African American Heritage Tour is a great way to explore and learn about the contributions that African Americans have made to the city’s development and growth. They initially settled in downtown Manhattan, where visitors can see historic sites, such as the Apollo Theater – a hub for African American culture and entertainment for over 80 years. You will also see the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, a research library and cultural center that focuses on the history and culture of people of African descent. Another landmark you will visit is the African Burial Ground National Monument, a memorial site that commemorates the lives of African slaves buried in Lower Manhattan.
The tour then moves to Harlem, a neighborhood that has long been a center of African American culture in New York City. You will learn about the struggles and triumphs of African Americans in New York City and discover their rich cultural heritage in music, art, literature, and more.
Overall, the NYC African American Heritage Tour offers a unique and enlightening experience that celebrates the rich and diverse contributions of African Americans to the city’s history and culture.
Immerse yourself in the spirit of New York City by taking our NYC Sightseeing Tour.
You can also experience other vibrant NYC neighborhoods with out full collection of New York City tours!
- See the Apollo Theater – a center of the vibrant African American culture.
- Visit the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.
- Visit the African Burial Ground National Monument, a site dedicated to the African slaves buried in Lower Manhattan.
- Enjoy Harlem with its rich cultural and artistic heritage.
If you want to explore more exciting NYC highlights, don’t miss our collection of New York City tours.
- Tour Guide
- Photo Stops
- Ticket to African Burial Ground
- Ticket to Schomberg Center for research in black Culture
- Tips/gratuity for guide and driver
- Meals and beverages
|Price||Adults: starting at $119 (ages 12 and up) Children: starting at $99 (ages 3-11)|
|Departure Time||9:30 AM|
|Meeting Point||690 8th Ave, 10036 New York County, New York, United States|
|Supported Languages||English & French *based on availability - German, Italian, Spanish|
- The tour is not suitable for pets.
- This is a bus tour with a few stops to explore.
- Children must be accompanied by adults.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- For passengers with no mobility and or on wheelchairs, we recommend giving us at least 4 weeks’ notice so that we can secure a coach with a wheelchair lift if available,
- A maximum of one person in a wheelchair can be accommodated per bus and this service is subject to confirmation
- Wheelchair lifts are 49" X 28" and can carry a maximum weight limit of 700 lbs. We kindly ask that you submit the dimensions and model of the chair as bus lifts may not be able to accommodate scooters and other large-sized electric chairs.
- With advance notice, wheelchair-bound customers with some mobility can be accommodated in the front rows of the tour bus with their wheelchairs folded away in the luggage compartment. Someone must accompany customers with special needs to assist them on the coach.
- Check out our terms & conditions for more information.
- Contact Us for other questions or requests.
- Cancellations received 2 days before the tour date will be assessed a processing fee equivalent to 50% of the initial reservation.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before the tour date will be assessed a 100% cancellation fee.
- Unused tickets are non-refundable. No-shows are not refunded.
Learning about Hamilton. The Tour Guide shared extensive information about the founding father in two languages and kept us, tourists, engaged throughout the entire trip. Fascinating, well informed and great... read more
November 8, 2022
Beautiful People, Beautiful Voices - The pick-up point for the tour is 690 8th Ave - there was a tour rep at the door and our group of around 40 waited on the sidewalk for... read more
July 31, 2022
On another level - Great experience in this one. Our tour guide Alvin provided us with many interesting information for the Harlem area.
The gospel was out of this world for believers... read more
July 25, 2022