Harlem Food and Tasting Tour
Take a bite out of the Big Apple, more specifically Harlem!
Harlem is best known as the center for all things Black culture.
Experience Harlem’s rich cultural legacy through its local cuisine. Follow in the footsteps of the black diaspora and learn about the contributions of different groups of people that made Harlem their home. On this culinary adventure, you will enjoy 4 food stops to sample the best savory and sweet treats from African American, Caribbean, and African local eateries.
What’s included and what’s not
- Harlem Walking tour
- 4 food samples
- Tips/gratuity for guide
- Metro cards for public transportation
Embark on a culinary adventure through Harlem. Our tour departs from our midtown location, where you will meet your tour guide and travel to Harlem by subway. Harlem is home to people of African descent from around the world. Explore the neighborhood during a lovely stroll through its charming residential streets and busy commercial districts. Along the way, you will see Harlem’s iconic historic sites, cultural institutions, and shops. Learn about the diversity of the African diaspora, their stories, and their contributions to New York City through food. Meet up with residents and immerse yourself in Harlem Life. Best of all, you’ll get to savor authentic local cuisine at 4 of the neighborhood’s well-known establishments. Treat your tastebuds to samples of specialty dishes from the United States, the Caribbean, and Africa
- Wear comfortable shoes for a walking tour
- Dress for the weather
- Please have a MetroCard preloaded with at least 4 rides.
- The tour includes food samples
- Seating at restaurants is not guaranteed for sampling food
- This tour is not suited for people with mobility issues
- This tour is not suited for pets
- Strollers are recommended if you are travelling with small children
- This tour is not suitable for pets