Private Harlem Jazz and Soul Food Tour
Experience the magic of Harlem by night. Explore the neighborhood in the company of our professional tour guides and learn about the high-stepping, fun-loving nights of the 1920s and Harlem’s important role in jazz history that gave New York its musical edge. Enjoy a delicious Soul Food dinner followed by a live musical performance and 2 complimentary cocktails at one of Harlem’s most popular night spots.
What’s included and what’s not
- Tour Guide
- Entrance to a jazz club
- 2 cocktails at the club
- Tips/gratuity for guide and driver
- Beverages during meal (Beverages are C.O.D)
Join us for a great night out on the town. Experience Harlem’s rich nightlife and learn about the neighborhood's rise to entertainment fame during its golden jazz era. Famous jazz musicians like Duke Ellington and Lena Horne entertained crowds from around the world solidifying Harlem’s place as an entertainment capital. Hear everything about how Benny Goodman and Chick Webb fought it out during their "Battle of the Bands," and how dances like the “Charleston,” "Lindy Hop" and the "Big Apple" became cemented into American culture. Stroll along 125th street its main artery and stop at the world-famous Apollo Theater, where Sarah Vaughan and Ella Fitzgerald won the famous "Amateur Night” competition which still goes on every Wednesday night. Enjoy a delicious Soul food dinner at some of the neighborhood’s best restaurants; then jam the Night away in one of Harlem’s local clubs where the first 2 rounds of drinks are in us! Dance to the infectious sounds of a Big Band or take in spirited Jam sessions where talented musicians in the crowd will join the band for impromptu performances. Join us for a night in Harlem like no other.
Your hotel in Manhattan will be the starting point for the tour
- Restaurants and Clubs vary based on availability and performance schedule.
- Soul Food is traditional African American cuisine originating in the United States South. It consists of spicy ribs, collard greens, fried fish and crispy fried chicken, freshly cooked cornbread, and a few side dishes like black eye peas, okra, or macaroni and cheese to mention a few.
- With advance notice, wheelchair-bound customers with some mobility can be accommodated in the front rows of the tour bus with their wheelchairs folded away in the luggage compartment. Someone must accompany customers with special needs to assist them onto the coach.
- For passengers with no mobility or non-foldable wheelchairs, we recommend giving at least 3 weeks’ notice so that we can secure a coach with a wheelchair lift.
- Wheelchair lifts are 49" X 28" and can carry a maximum weight limit of 700lbs. We kindly ask that you submit the dimensions and model of the chair as our lift may not be able to accommodate scooters and other large-sized electric chairs. A maximum of one person in a wheelchair can be accommodated per bus.
- This tour is not suitable for pets